Apple iOS Xcode & Swift
Software: Xcode & Swift
Software Cost: FREE
- Good internet connection
- Mac up to date
- Latest Xcode up to date
- 6 gigs hard drive space
- 4 gigs ram
Swift is a powerful programming language for iOS. Writing Swift code is interactive and fun!
In this class, students learn how to use both Swift and Xcode together to create apps that utilize the inner functions of an iPhone or iPad.
Students apps will include:
- Polished User Interface
- Utilize at least 1 sensor
- React to rotations
- Xcode & Swift Programming
- Arithmetic Operators
- If-Then Statements
- iOS Functions
- Graphical User Interfaces
- Custom Animations
Example Classroom Experience
- 3:00pm - 10 minute "Hook"
- A "hook" is a quick puzzle, game, or challenge tied into that day's lesson to engage students through play.
- 3:10pm - 15 minute First Lesson
- Teachers generally share their screen for lessons.
- 3:25pm - 10 minute First Experiments
- After students learn a new skill they need time to play, apply, and experiment with it.
- 3:35 - 10 minute Optional Break
- 3:45 - 15 minute Second Lesson
- 4:00 - 10 minute Second Experiment
- 4:10 - 20 minute Portfolio Project P1
- Students create a portfolio project during and in between lessons.
- 4:30 - 20 minute Portfolio Project P2
- 4:50 - 10 minute Time for Questions
Students are expected to continue working on their portfolio project for at least an hour in between classes.
Our teachers are available to answer questions in between classes if students get stuck on their project.