Scratch is a block-based visual programming language created by MIT.
In this class students learn the basics of programming while making a custom adventure game. Scratch is perfect for introducing kids to programming because it eliminates the stress of coding by removing the need for typing. Programming is done by connecting blocks of code.
Students projects will include:
- Player with 3 custom spells/abilities
- Village with a Shop, Guild Master, and Quests
- 2 Custom Dungeons (or similar)
- 3 Custom Enemies with basic A.I. functions
- 1 Castle with Mini Boss and Final Boss Battle
Java is one of the most widely used programming languages in the world, even Minecraft was made in Java!
Java is a great language to learn for anyone interested in becoming a serious coder.
This class has 2 paths:
- Text-based dungeon crawler
- Complete with difficulty progression, random encounters, a party, and a custom magic system.
- Java AP Exam - Practice Projects
- Create traditional Java projects used for preparing students for the Java AP Exam.